Video effects

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 13:23:21 CEST 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007, Richard wrote:
> What I would prefer is something more like this:
> ---
>      if (Backendcapabilies::hasVideoEffect(Effect::GaussianBlur))
>      	Effect * e = new Effect(Effect::GaussianBlur, parent);
>
> or alternatively:
>
>      Effect * e = new Effect(Effect::GaussianBlur, parent);
>      if (e->isValid()){
>      }
> ---

Why not go the whole way and provide
GaussianBlurEffect *e = new GaussianBlurEffect(parent);
if (e->isValid()) {
}
then? Because otherwise you still have no guarantees about the parameters.

The generic Effect class was meant to be used by user interaction only. If an
app needs to integrate an effect then it needs a specialized interface to
that effect.

This, of course, will blow up the lib size again so perhaps this should be in
a second library or #ifdefed as a feature?

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de