Getting ds9 backend working with kde

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Dec 14 16:14:53 CET 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007, Shane King wrote:
> This patch allows the ds9 phonon to be used by kde (tested amarok plays
> music with it). I think it should make the source still usable in
> straight Qt (since I've only added an extra constructor and
> conditionally stopped the export as a Qt rather than KDE plugin).

Does it otherwise not work? It really should. (except if you have some other
(working) KDE backend installed)

> If this is OK I'll check it in, since I'd like to have the ds9 plugin
> there for amarok. It no doubt works better than my quick hack job I had
> in the amarok code base. :)

For Phonon on Windows with KDE installed I don't know whether using the KDE
platform plugin is the correct thing to do. It is meant to define the KDE
platform and not to override the Windows platform. But ultimatively you KDE
on Windows people have to define a vision there.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de