Phonon and video for linux (v4l)

Detlev Casanova detlev.casanova88 at laposte.net
Wed Oct 4 14:17:23 CEST 2006

Hi !

I'm going to make a backend for Phonon to support webcam streaming.
I won't begin before next week but I have some questions to ask.

- I think that implementing 2 different backends for v4l1 and v4l2 would be
better than one for both.

- In addition, shall we forget v4l1 and put the priority on v4l2 ?

- I thought to make a backend by webcam driver but I don't really see the
utility as all webcams work near the same way.

If you think I'm wrong on any point, just let me know :)

Thanks.

Detlev.