[Parley-devel] initial stages as Leitner boxes

Anša Vernerová ansa211 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 08:26:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

after few days of using them, I think that the initial stages are much
better than the "three consecutive correct answers just for new words"
option which I have been proposing. Yet, there are too many initial
stages.

My suggestion: give the users control over the intervals for the initial stages.
Either there could be a separate set of settings, or it could be
solved by expanding the number of Leitner boxes from 7 to 13 (which is
also a nice number) and extending the set of possible interval
settings.

I also wonder if the settings for the intervals have to be handled as
a dropdown list. Couldn't the user just fill in a number and select a
unit - seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years - from a
dropdown list?

Anša