[Parley-devel] Re: Info about compilation

alsaf alfraealba at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:26:56 CET 2011

Thanks crossed everything goes wellMassimo!!

Can you please explain what the "dictation" type of practice is about.
The reason why I ask is that it may be similar to this idea:

http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#idea89608_page1

I am planning to try and implement a similar idea to either Parley or as
a standalone program. I'm new to C++/KDE programming and it has a large
learning curve so in meantime I am in the process of creating a Perl
script that generates simple sentences that can be pasted into Parley
and used with existing features. It requires a lot of work but I've
managed to get it working. The link for it is here:

http://kde-files.org/content/show.php/Parley+Grammer+Generator?content=138154

As to the preferred IDE, I haven't used it with Parley but I would
assume it would be ideal. I've been playing about the KEduVocDocument
library (with Parley uses) using vim to edit source files and not
getting anywhere. This is largely due to not having experience of C++
and in particular dynamic memory allocation which is new to me since
coming from a scripting language background where this is all done from
my. When I get some time, I'm going to try it with KDevelop to see if I
have more luck.