[Parley-devel] Re: Info about compilation (Massimo Lo Iacono)

alsaf alfraealba at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:01:17 CET 2011

kdesrc-build is an easier way to checkout and build Parley from source
although it takes a bit of work to get things setup initially. After
that it is a piece of cake :-)

Firstly follow this tutorial to set up a KDE environment. This is the
official one:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Set_up_KDE_4_for_development

But I prefer this one as it is easier:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts

Next, download and install kdesrc-build:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

In the same folder as the kdesrc-build Perl file, a .kdesrc-buildrc file
is required which includes options to download relevant Parley files.
This is a copy of the file I have (it was based on the example file so I
have removed all commented out options, hopefully I haven't missed
anything out)

# #############################################################
# .kdesrc-buildrc

global

     source-dir ~/kde/src/4/
     kdedir ~/kde
     qtdir ~/qt4  # Default to installing Qt
     cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
     build-dir build

end global

# Educational programs.  Some are actually quite fun even if you're not
trying
# to learn anything.
module kdeedu
     checkout-only cmake libkdeedu parley-data parley
end module

# end .kdesrc-buildrc
# ###############################################################

Copy and paste the above text into your favourite text editor and save
as .kdesrc-buildrc (the same folder as kdesrc-build file)

After you do this, run the following command:

     ./kdesrc-build --svn only

This only checkouts the source to ~kde/src/4. The reason for this is
that one of the CMakeLists has an entry which needs to be removed. With
your favourite editor, open the following file:

~/kde/src/4/kdeedu/CMakeLists.txt

Line 70 of the file has the following entry:

  add_subdirectory(data)

Either comment this out or delete the line.

Save the file.

Enter the following command:

     ./kdesrc-build --no svn

If all goes well, Parley should be built and installed in ~kde/bin

Good luck!!