[Parley-devel] [feature suggestion] support for mobile phones

matthias sweertvaegher matthias.sweertvaegher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:39:53 CEST 2010

hello

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Frederik Gladhorn <gladhorn at kde.org> wrote:

>> A lite parley for mobile phones would be awesome, because the mobile phone
>> is closer than the computer. :-)
>
> I agree that mobile apps are useful.
> For kvtml files there are a few projects (that certainly could be improved
> upon):

> Written in Qt, so I got it to run on a N900 also:
> http://gitorious.org/voctrainer

If you would try it out, I'd like to point you to a config option
which is probably useful when running it on a mobile device. In the
config file (normally located $HOME/.config ), you can specify the
font size which will be used for the questions: section
general->fontSize

For the future, I'm considering a full screen mode (also handy for the
desktop so you can train yourself from the kitchen table! ;)), which
would be useful for mobile too, I guess. A fixed font size doesn't
always work well, so I am also considering an auto size option.

VocTrainer uses the lessons enabled through Parley but does not take
the grades into account (yet).

greets
matthias