[Parley-devel] [feature suggestion] support for mobile phones

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Tue Jun 15 00:17:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 08 June 2010 19:02:49 Apfelus Birne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A lite parley for mobile phones would be awesome, because the mobile phone
> is closer than the computer. :-)

I agree that mobile apps are useful.
For kvtml files there are a few projects (that certainly could be improved
upon):

MobVoc for Java phones
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mobvoc/

On Maemo (eg Nokia's N900) you can find:
Querymee which even uses a modified library of what Parley uses.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/querymee/

Written in Qt, so I got it to run on a N900 also:
http://gitorious.org/voctrainer

They all use Parley's file format.

I'm not aware of any others and I won't claim they're perfect yet. Querymee
probably has the most potential. Let me know if there's more.
At some point we might get more of Parley onto mobile devices. Depending on
time/motivation of course, so absolutely no promises.

Cheers
Frederik