[Parley-devel] Bug I cannot file correctly

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Jan 20 12:32:57 CET 2010

On Monday 18 January 2010 23:26:07 Sabine Emmy Eller wrote:
> I am currently working on openSUSE Education 11 RC1 with gnome UI
>
> I created a Parley file and all went fine. Then I went on saying "new file"
> compiled the info and when finished and wanting to save the application
> closes inexpectedly. Error message: "information not useable"

Strange, I never heard of this before. Can you reproduce it?
If so, please give a more detailed description in a bug report.

> I had the same behaviour quite a long time ago on Edubuntu, that was before
> we "adopted" Parley as vocabulary trainer. Since then it probably did not
> happen because all kvtml files are being created outside Parley and then
> only opened there.
>
> How to report bugs with Gnome UI properly?

Same as with KDE. It does not make a difference which workspace you use.
Just make sure to have Parley/kdelibs/qt debug packages installed in order to
get a good backtrace.
Parley-bugs go to bugs.kde.org as always.

Greetings
Frederik