[Parley-devel] [kde-edu]: common vocabulary lists

Sabine Emmy Eller s.eller at voxhumanitatis.org
Mon Apr 26 10:58:30 CEST 2010

The nicest part here is: you cannot copyright a single word, but only
collections - now when I use collections (=dictionaries) to look up words
for my work as a translator, I don't do any coypright infringement, so why
should it be problematic to use dictionaries to look up words I have in a
list and wish to translate into another language?

There are plenty of ready vocabulary lists with translations out there - the
problem is: for Parley we need categories ... and that is also one of the
problems I have in my terminology: how to categorize what is in there? It's
one of those works I dislike most when working on terminology.

I got a wordlist of approx. 1700 basic terms out of en.wiktionary the other
day - with categories, but still: there's not enough time to "really" work
on it right now.

Sabine