[Parley-devel] common vocabulary lists

Juergen :-) b4tasttd at auroville.org.in
Sun Apr 25 19:41:22 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

Sabine's mail about collective files brings up another aspect for me.
Presently there is no way to build vocabulary-lists together. That is a
pity because practically everybody has to start from scratch with on of
the present lists.
But if one user builds a list and uploads it some other user can
download it and use it and add to it but not upload it under the same
file. My suggestion to think about a solution.
I guess in whatever language there could be a template for a structure like

at home
at work
in a restaurant
in the post office
etc

If Parley could have a kind of wiki-list where people simply could add
or edit words or grammar then this file could be used by all users of
the same language and if this file could work in reverse order like
EN-ES as well as ES-EN one could expect a faster grow of language files.

This will not take care of people who use a specific book and want to
follow the vocabularies of this book.

Be at peace and in harmony.
Juergen