[Parley-devel] Conjugations (was Re: Declination)

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Apr 14 11:22:35 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 07:48:43 Benjamin Schleinzer wrote:
> Hi Frederik,
>
> I just looked at my kvtml file and I see a lot of these
>

> something
> <conjugation/>
> <conjugation>
> 	actual conjugation
> </conjugation>
> something else

That looks broken indeed.
I commited a test file, in there it looks good as far as I can tell. For me the
conjugation looks like this:

     <translation id="1">
        <text>to be</text>
        <conjugation>
          <tense>Simple Present</tense>
          <singular>
            <firstperson>
              <text>am</text>
            </firstperson>
            <secondperson>
              <text>are</text>
            </secondperson>
            <thirdpersonneutralcommon>
              <text>is</text>
            </thirdpersonneutralcommon>
          </singular>
          <plural>
            <firstperson>
              <text>are</text>
            </firstperson>
            <secondperson>
              <text>are</text>
            </secondperson>
            <thirdpersonneutralcommon>
              <text>are</text>
            </thirdpersonneutralcommon>
          </plural>
        </conjugation>
      </translation>

I never had an empty entry there. But that should be easy enough to figure out.
I just spotted one like this... so there is definitively something to optimize.
        <conjugation>
          <tense>Präteritum</tense>
        </conjugation>

Cheers