[Parley-devel] New practice mode

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Mon Apr 5 11:48:15 CEST 2010

On Monday 05 April 2010 07:52:10 Benjamin Schleinzer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> if nobody is currently working on the writtenpracticemode I would be
> willing to implement some of the stuff.
I guess you talk about the branch?
If so, please go ahead, most awesome!
We have a todo list, so please extend it and add yourself :)
http://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Parley/Todo

> Things I would do (not necessarily in that order)
>
> Accept synonyms if user wants that
> Accept capitalization mistakes if user wants to
>
> If syonyms was entered I would like to do the following:
> (This refers to "ask until the exact word that is wanted is there, but
> don't count other synonyms as wrong on the way there" on the webpage)
>
> Mark the word as neither correct nor wrong
> Add the synonyms to a list
> display the list of synonyms entered
> ask for the correct word
> if another synoym was entered redo all the steps otherwise proceed as
> normal
Yes, see todo, I like this approach very much :)

> Maybe this could be a configuration options?
>
> Maybe we also need a new State AnswerWasSynonym ?

If you have time to spend on Parley, please come by our IRC channel on
freenode.net #kde-edu.
Talk to Daniel (dani_l) and me (fregl). I'm very happy that you're interested
in improving Parley!

Cheers,
Frederik