[Parley-devel] Interest in improving parley with voice for vocabularies

Eitzenberger Thomas eth at gmx.at
Mon Mar 23 11:31:17 CET 2009

Hi "List",

As my lady is at the moment starting to learn english she is in desparate need
to get support also on pronounciation...

As any need of my lady is also a need for me I would be willing to join you on
adding this to parley...

Option 1) Add the voice files itself to parley
Option 2) use wictionary as outlined on parley todo page

Add 1) I would be willing to record my voice for this purpose and walk through
the 1330 files of the english section

Add 2) It would mean retrieve the html file for the vocabulary at hand and
parse the html for the english link to the ogg file if any is on that
page.....

Add 1) it might be smarter to go for 2) and provide the ogg files as an
offline fallback solution once we are able to downlaod them for wictionary....
If we go for 2) I would be willign to upload the missing vocabularies to
wictionary too

Ready for technical discussion and yes of course if someone is already working
on that I am happy to join you :O)

best regards ET