[Parley-devel] Parley feature: swap

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Sun May 25 15:09:08 CEST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 17:37:52 Nathanael Marcel Großer wrote:
Hi Nathanael,

> I have an idea for a new function in Parley. Unfortunately, I haven't
> had enough time to get into the source code of the programme yet but I'd
> like to become part of the project. I can imagine to start with updating
> the German documentation of Parley.
That's a very good idea :) I'm sure the german documentation is not quite up-
to-date.

> But now back to the new function of Parley. What do you think about a
> feature with wich is possible to swap a word with its translation by
> selected words? I mean it often happens that one is typing the
> vocabulary in form ["foreign language" - "native language"] and one
> suddenly slips up and continue in way ["native language" - "foreign
> language"]. Then one has do delete them and key again, wich is enormous
> amount of time. Furthermore it could be a useful feature if one wants to
> add a further language. If one has a lesson in the form ["foreign lang"
> - "native lang"] and adds another language one has ["foreign lang" -
> "native lang" - "foreign lang"] and that's really confusing with more
> languages.
To me this sounds like a very useful thing to have. The final decision will be
up to Frederik, but I'd say go for it ;)

Note though that we're already in feature freeze for KDE 4.1, which means that
new features implemented after May 22nd will go into KDE 4.2. Documentation
changes can still be done till June 3rd, after that they'll go in 4.2 also.

Nevertheless, you're very welcome to help :) Do you already have a KDE SVN
account to get started?

- Joh