[Parley-devel] Questions

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Mon Jun 23 01:23:59 CEST 2008

Hi Romain,

On Sunday 22 June 2008 20:11:35 r_despland at swissonline.ch wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> First of all thank you for this great programm, I'm sure it's gonna come
> in handy for my exams. I tried it and like it a lot but I have a few
> questions after trying for a while :
Thanks :)

> Is there a way to write subscript or exponent for a word ?
> For example I want to do a chemistry list of molecules and their names
> but it's kinda hard to visualise (AsO4)3- for arsenate.
No, there was interest by someone to write LaTeX support for it. I was rather
reluctant to that so far because I thought it was not very usable generally.
Maybe we can come up with a good solution (that does not prevent language
people from liking it ;)
Too many features hurt usability sometimes. Maybe, but not a huge priority for
me. It would be great if we could get either a MathML widget or a Latex one in
KDE, that would ease the pain of implementing this...

> Second question is it possible to use relative path for images ?
> I'd like to send my .kvtml to a friend with some picture but the picture
> use the absolute path so he has to change all the paths, not really
> handy.
No problem at all. If the images are in the same or any sub path of the
document they are actually stored with relative paths. (look into the file to
confirm).
Only in Parley the absolute paths are shown. Maybe I should change that.

Greetings,
Frederik

> PS : I'm using Parley 0.9.1
Cool! Any real bugs left?