[Parley-devel] SoC Progress Report

David Capel wot.narg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:24:41 CEST 2008

It's been a while since I've written one of these... (my TODO file acts
somewhat as a progress report, though)

To start off with, I was on vacation visiting my sister last week, so I
didn't get much done; however, I got back today and I'm ready to go at full
speed again.

Done:
* The framework is mostly done, and I can begin remaking previous practice
modes. From what I've done so far, remaking is mostly changing a few lines
in the setup function and possibly making a new prompt/input class.
* Written was my testing mode, and is done*.      *Note: I'll likely make
revisions and fixes to all these modes, but it is finished enough to move
on.
* Multiple choice is done.
* Mixed Letters is complete, but may need some more work on the algorithm.
* Flashcards is in an early stage of completion.
* Article training is requires a change to libkdeedu, but that should be
resolved soon.

A rough draft of required svg elements has been written and is in
themes/theme_requirements.txt
The themeing engine works, but will require updates as the artists create
new themes.

Todo:
* The rest of the practice modes.
* Update the settings to reflect various new options I've created
* Fix some odd crasher bugs
* Work with the artists (and frederik!) on theme ideas
* Get KNS2 working at some point...

My vacation may put me temporarily behind schedule, but it shouldn't be an
issue to catch up.

David