[Parley-devel] Keyboard layout

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Sun Aug 3 23:11:00 CEST 2008

Hi Jonathan,

On Sunday 03 August 2008 22:45:05 Jonathan wrote:
> Hey great, thanks for your answers !
>
> Actually, I'm running Ubuntu under Gnome... I installed Parley through
> the package manager. Do you know how I can configure kxkb without the
> control center ?!? I'm quiet new to Linux too, not much yet into command
> line... on my way ;-)

kxkb is part of kdebase. Since systemsettings is also part of kdebase, you
should be able to use it with no problems.

If systemsettings is not in the gnome menus, you can start it in a terminal
(just enter systemsettings).
Alternatively you can directly start the control center module using
$ kcmshell4 module keyboard_layout
but the results should be the same.

Unless you are really low on diskspace, simply install kdebase (the KDE 4
one).

> Thanks for your precious help !!!
You're welcome :)

Greetings,
Frederik

Btw, Avgoustios and I are subscribed to parley-devel, so no need for cc ;)