[Parley-devel] Keyboard layout

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Fri Aug 1 08:44:13 CEST 2008

On Friday 01 August 2008 08:08:36 Avgoustinos Kadis wrote:
> Hello Jonathan! Welcome to Parley!
>
> The keyboard layout is not set by Parley but from KDE System Settings
> (Control Center). Go to K menu, System Settings, Regional & Language,
> Keyboard Layout and from there add the Norwegian Layout on the list of
> Active Layouts. On the right side of your K-Panel (the one below) will
> appear a flag that will allow you to switch between English and
> Norwegian. You can choose which key combination you want to use for
> switching between these languages in System Settings, Keyboard &
> Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts, Search for "layout" and will find "Switch
> to Next Keyboard Layout".

Right, but once kxkb is configured to show that little flag in the systray, you
can let parley automatically switch keyboard layouts based on the column's
languages when editing vocabulary. After setting up more than one language in
systemsettings you can set the layout corresponding to it in Parley's language
dialog.

Greetings,
Frederik

> Hope you'll enjoy using Parley! We are open on comments of how to improve
> it :) Have a nice day!
>
> Avgoustinos Kadis
>
> P.S. Sorry Jonathan that you'll get this twice .. I forgot to CC to
> parley-devel at kde.org as well.
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Jonathan <jonathan.bigler at epfl.ch> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm new in Parley's world. I'm learning Norwegian now, and I just found
> > your software which might be of a great help !
> >
> > It looks great all in all, I just have one major challenge. Norwegian
> > uses some special accents, therefor I need a Norwegian keyboard in order
> > to write the words. When I go under Edit/Languages/ where I have created
> > English and Norwegian, the keyboard layout field is not blocked, and the
> > language list (above Flag, name,...) is empty.
> >
> > Where does these languages come from ? Is there something missing in my
> > system ? Something to download ?
> >
> > Thanks for your great job !!!
> >
> > Jonathan Bigler

Frederik Gladhorn