Nominating a creative director

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed May 28 20:55:44 CEST 2008

Hello,
so, given the current amount of problems we seem to be facing with
artwork and plasma, I'm sending this mail to propose a slightly
radical solution, nominating a real creative director. And thereby I
propose a name: Nuno Pinheiro.
This will mean giving him full power on what regards visuals and
interaction of Plasma.
Currently he's asked to draw the pretty pictures just as-needed, and
if the developer disagrees with him, he'll just be let down, because
he doesn't know the magic of coding.
If we want to go serious here, let's give him the full power.
That includes turning down our opinion if we have a disagreement we can't solve.
That includes giving him the power and making him deciding defaults.
That includes giving a hand in what is needed, trying to implement the
features that are needed. Let's make necessary an approval from him
before implementing any other mockups drawn by someone else, and make
him review any non-trivial change to the interface.

This might be painful, at times, but I'm sure it will pay in the mid-long run.

That's the way we can achieve a real result.
Not like now, where he's good as long as he doesn't complain, or says
something you like isn't good enough, or breaks design.

He has a pretty clear visual of plasma, he spoke to me several times
about it, trying to explain it. And I can assure it is pretty good.
So, if we really want a clear and defined vision, let's make it so.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: