ShadowedBackground background hint

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:51:39 CEST 2008

2008/5/27 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>:
> Le Tuesday 27 May 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli a écrit :
>> On 5/27/08, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >  discussing with Kevin about the translucent background hint in
>> > Plasma::Applet, it has emerged that one of the hints that are now
>> > present, ShadowedBackground is totally fake, because the code for shadow,
>> > is really broken and ifdeffed out right now.
>> >  since i don't see very realistic to fix shadows for 4.1, probably it
>> > would be better removing it, at least commenting it out for now, to not
>> > create a "false" api,
>> >  comments? opinions?
>>
>> There are also StandardBackground
>
> Hmmm, I'm suddenly wondering, shouldn't that be "OpaqueBackground"... Would
> work well vs TranslucentBackground. And would avoid the ambiguity you're
> pointing at with DefaultBackground.

don't knnow, it doesn't have to be opaque, well the default theme is,
but problably there could be themes with the opaque background as
translucent as the translucent one
maybe to make this more aderent to reality i could do that the opaque
is painted the svg as is with full opacity, and for the transparent is
painted as is if the svg found and the default background with some
more alpha if not found, probably it will take a bit long but at least
would tell the truth a bit more?

Cheers,
Marco Martin