ShadowedBackground background hint

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue May 27 15:23:02 CEST 2008

Le Tuesday 27 May 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli a écrit :
> On 5/27/08, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  discussing with Kevin about the translucent background hint in
> > Plasma::Applet, it has emerged that one of the hints that are now
> > present, ShadowedBackground is totally fake, because the code for shadow,
> > is really broken and ifdeffed out right now.
> >  since i don't see very realistic to fix shadows for 4.1, probably it
> > would be better removing it, at least commenting it out for now, to not
> > create a "false" api,
> >  comments? opinions?
>
> There are also StandardBackground

Hmmm, I'm suddenly wondering, shouldn't that be "OpaqueBackground"... Would
work well vs TranslucentBackground. And would avoid the ambiguity you're
pointing at with DefaultBackground.

> and DefaultBackground.
> One of the two should probably be removed...

Nope, default is basically "standard + shadowed". But indeed,
renaming "standard" would make sense.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."