A small Plasma "questionnaire"

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri May 23 11:21:19 CEST 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 09:01:46 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> Hello, Plasma developers,
>
> as one of the members of the "fearless band of wikiers", as Aaron put it,
> I'd like to start preparing the Plasma FAQ for updates on what will be
> coming on KDE 4.1 (it's already out of date). Since I can't run SVN trunk
> at the moment (my machine is too underpowered for the compiling), I'd like
> to know the status of some components so that I can already adjust the FAQ
> according to that.
>
>  Just answer briefly to these statements if you work on the related matter,
> like this:
>
> - "Yes" (feature complete, or will be completed by 4.1 final)
> - "Partial" (some of this will be in 4.1, some won't)
> - "No" (4.2 or beyond material)

i'll try to give some answers, for 1 and 2 other people can give a more
reliable answer :D

> 1. ZUI related stuff - containment switching, add/removal of activities
partial i think? atm you can add containment all of "desktop" kind, some other
things should be in progress?
> 2. Alternative menu systems: Lancelot and Raptor
no, more in the future i think. don't know exactly plans about lancelot
> 3. Panel operations such as resizing, removing, auto-hiding
yes, resizing moving and removing are here now, autohiding i think in the next
few days?
> 4. Drag&drop applets from "desktop" containment to panel(s)
partial, well from desktop to panel yeah, the other way no :(
> 5. Moving of applets on panel
nope
> 6. OSX widget support
partial?
keeping in mind that only html osx widgets will ever be supported and still
not in the default distribution, still in playground (any plans to move it
somewhere else before 4.1?)
> 7. GUI for theme support/switch
yep (same config dialog of wallpaper)