Idea for SoC propsal

Matej Svejda mata at aw-modell.at
Sun Mar 30 22:53:57 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, 30. März 2008 21:48:58 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> please be sure to file this soon enough on http://code.google.com/soc2008
> so that you don't miss the deadline. now.. feedback:
Already did.

> just to be clear, this won't work for all slow runners. i'm not even sure
> this will help at all since these runners should be checking for this catch
> word and returning immediately if it doesn't exist anyways. what this would
> save is starting them in the thread; i'm not sure that's really a
> bottleneck.
You're right. That's not really a bottleneck. But still if the catch-word was
made configurable there is no real reason why a runner that only reacts to a
catch-word should be instanciated an do the logic itself. This can be done by
the manager-class. While this won't have a (noticable) impact on speed it
would at least mean less work for the runner-programmers.
I tried to clear that up a bit in my proposal.

> the runner classes will remain part of libplasma. there's no material
> benefit to having a second library just for this functionality, thought
> having separate libraries to link against will increase the time to
> startup.
Ok. Changed that.

Thanks for your input!

Matej