Idea for SoC propsal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 21:48:58 CEST 2008

On Sunday 30 March 2008, Matej Svejda wrote:
> Ok, it's taken me quite a while but I have finally uploaded my SoC proposal
> [1]. If anyone would have a look at it and tell me what he/she thinks I
> would be greatly apriciated.

please be sure to file this soon enough on http://code.google.com/soc2008 so
that you don't miss the deadline. now.. feedback:

"slower runners that only will be queried if the query starts with a
matching "catch-word"."

just to be clear, this won't work for all slow runners. i'm not even sure this
will help at all since these runners should be checking for this catch word
and returning immediately if it doesn't exist anyways. what this would save
is starting them in the thread; i'm not sure that's really a bottleneck.

"Right now parts of KRunner are in libplasma. While this isn't exactly a
problem it isn't right either. So I will put all KRunner specific classes
into the KRunner directory to keep things as clean as possible."

the runner classes will remain part of libplasma. there's no material benefit
to having a second library just for this functionality, thought having
separate libraries to link against will increase the time to startup.