feature plan and changelog

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Mar 29 14:33:54 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 15:36:25 Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> We're doing terrible at telling what we're working on. It boils down to two
> cases currently:
>
> - Changelog [0]
> I'll write the announcement for KDE 4.0.3 tomorrow, but I don't think that
> the backported things have found their way into the changelog yet. It'd be
> really nice to have it in there. And it makes my life a lot easier. Please
> read Albert's recent email on kde-(core-)devel from last Sunday,
> subjected "[REMINDER] Fill the 4.0.3 Changelog" how to add things. It's
> trivial, but needs to happen nevertheless.
>
> - Feature plan [1]
> There are quite some things missing in the feature plan. Basically only
> Will has put in his work, and there's Riccardo's krunner ui revamp. I
> suppose (read: am sure) we have more stuff in the pipeline, and we'll not
> be allowed to work on things that are not in the Feature plan after the
> soft freeze. That'd make for a boring sprint.
>
> [0] http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog4_0_2to4_0_3.php
> [1]
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan#kdebase-workspace
>
> I can help a bit with filling in those things, but it'd be really nice to
> have people actually *care* about this kind of basic project management.
> Let's use this thread to enumerate goals for 4.1 that can be put into the
> feature plan. Finished ones, as well as TODO and WIP items.

Thanks Christopher, Chani and Richard. I'll add those items as soon as I find
some time.

Others: feel poked again. aseigo: there's not a single item with your name
attached in the Feature Plan. That does probably not reflect reality. And
it's as easy as telling me, I'll even put it in there.
--
cracking the whip