Kickoff actions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 19:50:52 CET 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, mirttex85-kde at yahoo.com.br wrote:
> contextmenu is hardcoded, so if you let me i can work to
> make this avaliable so my idea can come true..

that would be excellent. imho, the best approach would be to use
KonqMenuActions (in kdebase/apps/lib/konq). unfortunately, we can't link to
libs in kdebase/apps from kdebase/workspace. well, we *can* but it's not
allowed by the packaging policy =)

so ... two approaches are possible:

* link a copy of KonqMenuActions in (the easy solution)

* polish up KonqMenuActions if needed, and move it somewhere we can all get at
it

one of the things that KonqMenuActions probably would need added to it is the
ability to either change the servicetype from KonqPopupMenu/Plugin to
something specific to the host application or to allow one to define some
additional constraints for the KServiceTypeTrader::self()->query it does.
that's probably preferred, imho, since it would allow applications to use
both relevant actions from the file managers *as well as* application
specific ones.

i look forward to seeing your ideas come to be in kickoff (and elsewhere in
plasma, even =)