Kickoff actions

mirttex85-kde at yahoo.com.br mirttex85-kde at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 28 18:44:43 CET 2008

Hi,
I was talking to some people about an idea that i have,
and it end up here in this mailing list.
Well, i had an idea and since then i'm working to
make it true...
So i talked to some guy a long time ago in irc #kde-devel
and i'm working on packagekit now.
The idea is really simple: when the user right click on
a .desktop file that has Exec=someapp, the contextMenu
should show one more item, but this need to be modular
so it will only be available if the user has KPackageKit
installed. So when he right clicked on firefox for example
he'll have an option "uninstall" that calls my app with
the exec string and we do the dirt job.

Robert told me that to do this konqueror or dolphin
is just something like changing KonqMenuActions,
but as i looked to the kickoff code i see that all
contextmenu is hardcoded, so if you let me i can work to
make this avaliable so my idea can come true..

Please ask me if you are in some doubt, as my english
is not so good.

Daniel.

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/