and now for something completely similar...

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 03:42:14 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> I also see the point of scripting (for example altering the border to
> display different cartoon characters on different applets, animations etc.)
> but I think that it would be a big overkill in the keep it simple approach
> Plasma currently has.

the value add is very low (so far, all the use cases are pretty minor or even
entirely synthetic), the increase in difficulty for theme creation as well as
maing it all work in the code goes quite higher.

the cost/value analysys just does not work out. compelling reasons for
scripting in themes could change that, but if we have to think really hard
for them ....