Plasmagik GSoC Proposal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Mar 23 23:05:39 CET 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008, Joe Burns wrote:
> Here is a draft of my SoC proposal for Plasmagik, the packager application.
> Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> http://www.siue.edu/~josebur/SoCProposal1.pdf

thoughts/feedback:

* a bit more description of what "All this information will need to be
displayed in a user-friendly way by the GUI class" means would likely improve
your odds of being approved.

* maybe say something about the creation of the metadata files?

* perhaps add writing some more test cases in there?

* testing and integration with Plasma::Theme, Plasma::Applet (for plasmoids),
etc..?

as it stands, the proposal, which useful to Plasma, feels a bit short on
details and probably doesn't sound like something that would fill up an
entire SoC project time?