Themes and Panels

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Mar 22 18:45:42 CET 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Here is the patch for SvgPanel.
>
> It is NOT tested yet since I can not compile plasma at the moment (the
> libplasma compiles with the patch), and therefore can not make the panel
> use the new feature.
>
> I'm posting just to receive comments about approach I've taken:
>
>  - full fallback iff prefix-center element is missing (meaning that if
> there is a prefix-center element but not prefix-left, the left element will
> not be painted at all; and vice versa, if prefix-center does not exist, but
> other prefix-* elements do, non prefix versions will be used)

i think that's fair.

>  - setPrefix resets location

i wonder if the check for existence shouldn't go here instead of in
generateBackground? that way it's always guaranteed that the the prefix is
valid.

> Cheers

+            setPrefix("");

setPrefix(QString());

+    if (d->prefix != "") {
+        d->prefix += "-";

krazy will complain about these... they should be single quoted items wherever
possible.

and the empty check should be if (!d->prefix.isEmpty()) ..

+    if (d->prefix == "") {
+        return "";

isEmpty(), QString() instead of the two ""s

+        elementPrefix = "";

elementPrefix.clear(); i almost wonder if this check shouldn't go into
setPrefix?