Using git-svn with review board?

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 18 15:59:09 CET 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008 15:45:27 Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
> Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> > I can imagine that this forms a real barrier for some (me), but maybe
> > someone has already solved that?
>
> I'm using this small shell-script to generate a diff between the current
> working copy and HEAD that review-board will accept with git-svn. This
> does assume that HEAD is actually an svn revision, I don't think it will
> work when you have already comitted changes locally.
>
> #!/bin/sh
> REV=`git-svn find-rev HEAD`
> git-diff --no-prefix $* HEAD | sed -e 's/^+++ .*/&  (working copy)/' -e
> "s/^--- .*/&  (revision $REV)/"

My preferred workflow would be:

- Have master branch up to date from SVN
- Work on stuff in branches
- Merge changes from master into those branches as I see fit
- When something in a branch should be committed, I'd merge this commit into
  master and dcommit it (possibly after going through RB)
- When a branch is done, I'd merge the whole branch into master and dcommit
  that

So that involves committing locally. Changing you scriptlet to find the latest
SVN revision would be necessary in that case, no?
--
sebas