Question about way of adding timezones support to clock

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:30:48 CET 2008

2008/3/17, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Monday 17 March 2008, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>  > I wish to add support for displaying list of choosen timezones in
>  > clock's tooltip.
>

> the patch found here:
>
>         http://mattr.info/r/306/
>
>  should give us the ability to update the tooltip right before it is shown.
>  would you like to apply it locally and give it a try with the clock's tip? if
>  it works out well enough, then we could commit this to libplasma.
>
>  it would open up a nice "junior job" as well: going around and moving
>  expensive tooltips in applets to updateToolTip =)

Sorry, but I can't understand how could I use it :(

Of course I can make

void Clock::updateToolTip() {
    Plasma::ToolTipData tipData;
    tipData.mainText = currentTime();
    setToolTip(tipData);
}

but what about updating this tooltip? I still need to have some source
connected plus I need this source for updaing clock itself (not only
it's tooltip).

I really tried to understand this idea but simply can't.

--
Rafał Miłecki