Question about way of adding timezones support to clock

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 17 16:50:17 CET 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008, Sebastian Kuegler wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2008 16:28:43 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > doing it on demand, as i did it in kicker actually, would resolve all
> > these problems. because then when you got a tip request, we'd ask for the
> > tip to be filled and the clock could just send a bunch of query()
> > requests to the engine and not care about actually connecting to the
> > source.
>
> Yes, that makes sense. Didn't think of queries right now. One would need to
> connect if we want the data in the tooltip to receive live updates, but of
> course connecting when the tooltip is shown and disconnecting when it's
> hidden should be relatively easy.

it's probably the kind of thing that should end up in the little clock lib as
well.

i really wish we'd been able to get the javascript bindings together sooner
since all these clock issues would be so much nicer if we werent' dealing
with N different C++ applets. =/

anyways.. off to go fix the tooltip mechanism. meh.