4.0.3 backport-a-thon?

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 21:44:23 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Stephan Binner <binner at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 15 March 2008 18:50:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>
> > the above explanation is better than "you're naive", which had far too
> high
>
> In case you did not notice, my "you're naive" was a direct reply to
> Ruphy's
> "I'm more experienced" with which he seems to consider my concern
> addressed
> (no word about the date or why he cannot make needed disk space free btw).

Just for clearness, the 'I'm more experienced' was in comparison to my
skills before
the 4.0.2 backports. Doing those backports made me able to handle them
better.

Many of the problems came out from the fact that I took some series of
commits to
cherry-pick in the wrong order in some points, therefore causing conflicts
not always
obvious and not always perfect to be solved. Behiavour that was greatly
enforced by the
fact that the commits to be backported, and the backport policy was not
extremely
clear.

This is not (hopefully) going to be repeated though, as we have a much more
clear
(and short) list of things to be backported.

As for the date: I don't think there's much alternative to that week.
For the disk-space problems I have a long and a short answer, short is no,
while
long is long and uninteresting but it still means no. ;-)
And I don't have the needed time for a brand new setup anyways.

That is no personal attack on his person or his programming skills as I
> don't
> expect the best developer of the world to predict all implications of
> changes.

Ok, that's just how it arrived to my ears. Good to hear it was not, and
sorry for my consequent tone. =)

Bye,
-Riccardo
--