Review Request: Animates tabswitching

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Wed Mar 12 14:39:56 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Hans Chen said:
> After thinking about it, I think I've found a reason. It's quite simple: my
> previous computer experience tell me that "tabs don't behave this way".
> Well, they don't do it in real life either, of course. They should only
> "move" along the z axis.

Thanks for putting into words what I felt about the sliding tabs.

Mehdi, if you must animate the tabs, how about just animating the gradient so
that the just-inactivated tab fades from its prior active colour into the
inactive colour?  But I still feel this is one eye-candy too many and it
makes me feel a bit queasy.

Will