Applet positions

Ismael Asensio caciquecola500 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:55:19 CET 2008

> The reason is that if the handle is near the edge, moving it even one
> pixel
> would have a huge impact on the other edge.

Sorry, but I'll add a non-dev comment hear, rather an user one.

In my (always humble) opinion, resize of applets in the desktop should be
made by dragging sensitive edges of the handle, that is, just like normal
windows. I don't know if this has been discussed before and was rejected
because any technical, usability, practical reason, but in the user
perspective I feel it the most "natural" way to resize the applet. I think
lancelot resizes the same way, right?

Other than that, I find the relative resizing proposed (specially with
logarithmic algorithm) really interesting and a thing that, when implemented
will give the desktop a natural feeling of "just flow"