fome (failed) experiments with the devicenotifier applet

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:21:15 CET 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Well, since you'll have to act on the device I'd say use solid directly,
> you already have all the info you need from the hotplug engine to do it. In
> this particular case I doubt the soliddevice engine will have an added
> value... As your patch shows you're forced to use the relevant Solid
> classes anyway. In your case it just adds complexity I'm afraid.
uhm, with the dataengine it has not become very complex, now it seems to work
well
a problem i had using solid directly was that i have to watch for the mount
status, si if i understood correctly i should connect to
StorageAccess::accessibilityChanged
but in the management of the signal i need to know the udi of the device to
retrieve the proper model item to modify, but is it possible to access the
device udi from DeviceInterface?

Cheers,
Marco Martin