fome (failed) experiments with the devicenotifier applet

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 19:04:34 CET 2008

Le Sunday 09 March 2008, Marco Martin a écrit :
> but i am stuck in an ugly series of problems, i wanted to write about it
> when i had some useful code, but i really don't know how to make it work :(
> i wanted to put the eject icon only on mounted devices, so i have to watch
> the mount status of the device, i suppose it could be done with the
> soliddevice dataengine i suppose, if i understood correctly, giving it a
> query with an udi like connectSource(udi, this); it would return the info
> for the device with that udi, but it doesn't seem to work, i'm missing
> something or there are problems in that engine?
>
> is the right way to do it with soliddevice engine? or should be used solid
> directly?

Well, since you'll have to act on the device I'd say use solid directly, you
already have all the info you need from the hotplug engine to do it. In this
particular case I doubt the soliddevice engine will have an added value... As
your patch shows you're forced to use the relevant Solid classes anyway. In
your case it just adds complexity I'm afraid.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."