Lock/logout interactions

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:09:08 CET 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 17:54:30 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2008, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> > This is of course an unsatisfactory solution for old (actually:
> > very old) systems, that don't support acpi and the power button
> > just cuts off the system's power supply. But I would very much
> > hope, that we see these as special cases and offer a fall-back
> > solution for such old systems.
>
> eh, the problem on relaying on an hardware function: in old systems
> won't work but more important also on new ones that don't have good
> acpi drivers
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Hello Marco,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.

Do you contest the usefullness of a more holistic approach, combining
hardware- and software-features?

Do you just disagree? Saying that it's not a small number, but rather a
large number of systems, that would be "special cases"?

Or do you just reiterate that there indeed are special cases?

Until further clarification I can't help but wholeheartedly agree with
you :-).

michael