Review Request: disable toolbox for now

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 10:14:01 CET 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Will Stephenson wrote:

> Why not try and resolve the emotional problems

emotional problems?

> Then come back to plasma-devel and
> let's establish a plan to get the 4.0 Plasma UI safe for joe users before
> all the major distributions bet their KDE userbases on it.

And you assume that such a plan would be well accepted? This is not the
feedback I got. It has been communicated to me several times from several
people that plasma from 4.0 is not for the user. In addition, anyone who
tries it should get all the bleeding, so that things can be fixed for 4.1.
This is the opposite of making the 4.0 plasma ui ready for use. Your reaction
is based on a wrong assumption, I believe.

Greetings,
Dirk