Dashboard feedback

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 09:49:37 CET 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> did the toolbox not slide out automatically at this point, or was he using
> a version that does not have that feature?

it didn't slide out. We haven't patched it out yet if you mean that. He was
not using 4.0.2, so this bug might already be fixed. I couldn't reproduce it
on my machine (while it happened on his).

> > c) no background-shadow because compositing turned off
> it really ought to be a goal imho to get compositing everywhere.

Well, I think a full screen centered overlay "Press escape to quit dashboard
and "Add Widget" to add something" or something like that for 5 seconds would
already help (same like every application going to fullscreen mode first
tells the user how to exit the fullscreen mode again).

Greetings,
Dirk