Interested in Plasma SoC

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 18:11:12 CET 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Joe Burns wrote:
> It was mentioned that the Upload class is hopefully going to be moved to
> KNS by 4.1. What is keeping this from happening? Is there anything that can
> be done to assure that this happens for 4.1?

it requires that work is done on it between now and may/june-ish to get it
into appropriate shape. if not, we can always put it into libplasma for now
and move it out to kns for 4.2.

what's needed work wise would be:

* an API review (to ensure that it's quality enough to be supported in a
binary compatible (BC) manner for several years to come)

* ensure BC is possible (dptr, etc)

* integrate it with the rest of the kns classes and get it working well

> Plasmagik is essentially a GUI that applications can add to easily package
> and upload content to kns. It should vary depending on the PackageStructure
> that it is being passed.

correct..