The stupid toolbox

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Mar 5 05:21:09 CET 2008

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Michael Rudolph wrote:
> When I think about how a ZUI could work, the picture that most often
> comes to my mind is that of a map. I can zoom in and out and I can pan
> around. But instead of displaying cities, mountains and rivers, I'm
> navigating through all my projects that live as plasmoids on my map.
[...]
> moving around all your projects. A textual list of all projects, for
> example (cf. task-oriented kickoff) or a visual aid like current pagers
> or gimp's navigation window.

++here :)
No idea if there exists something like a brainstorm/idea page but I am pretty
sure a lot of great things can be made out of such "view-plugins". As far as
I got it, it's not only the desktop that is a plugin but also the view you
have at them and ZUI is just the first planned plugin there.

Well, we will see I guess :)

> Well, actually there are reasons, but would you rather be an asylum for
> socially-challenged geeks or an asylum for socially-challenged geeks,
> that creates kick-ass software?

hehe. Maybe solution 3; bunches of geeks that creates kick-ass software +
someone who's able to transform water into beer + a neverending spring of
pizza!