Working with the plasma devs

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 03:41:01 CET 2008

So a couple weeks back I yapped on and on about color
sensitive svgs for some plasma theme work I wanted to
do.  I decided to jump in and provide some patches, my
first contribution to an opensource project.  My
patches were graciously welcomed and, with some
guidance, were committed.

I just completed my first plasma theme based on the
new functionality
(http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Aya+Plasma+Theme?content=76197
)
and I just wanted to say thanks very much for your
help and to let those who might be interested see the
potential results.  I was thinking I should have just
put this in a blog somewhere but I really wanted to
directly say this to the devs.  So sorry, if you
consider this spamming your inbox.  Now that I have a
taste of the rewards of doing this, I'll definitely be
contributing more!

One question:
- Is there any desire to include a few plasma themes
like we did with wallpapers and colorschemes?  (Yeah
I'd be happy if this new one were considered, but not
really my motivation for asking.)

- Andrew (I'm not done yet) Lake