[Plasma] looks and usability of applet handle frame

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 18:20:30 CEST 2008

On Sat, 6/28/08, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 27 June 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> > so would it be better to disable the drag on move for
> all applets?
>
> i think that would just make it more frustrating in the
> cases where you can
> click and drag.

So I'm just a touch confused.  I thought a mouse-button-down was a separate event from a click (mouse-button-down + mouse-button-up). It seems like the only plasma applets that should respond to a mouse-button-down event are ones that behave like other widgets that respond to mouse-button-down (e.g. menus).  Everything else should respond to click (mouse-button-down + mouse-button-up).  So the calendar should only show on completion of a click.  Which should leave the mouse-button-down event for dragging--> no conflict.  Every other app I've ever used that needs disambiguate clicking versus dragging does it exactly this way.

I tried changing the mousePressEvent to mouseReleaseEvent in Clock applet with no luck (just a blank widget background).  So I guess I don't understand QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent very well.

I guess I'm out of my depth,
Andrew