[Plasma] looks and usability of applet handle frame

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 00:31:42 CEST 2008

> From: Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>
>
> On Friday 27 June 2008, pinheiro wrote:
> > A Friday 27 June 2008 19:27:07, Celeste Lyn Paul escreveu:
> >
> > well I propose this anser, its a slide isn and out themable box, that can
> > old several butons
> > i propose move rotate resize control and close,
> > a plasmoid can set if he wants to have them all or just a couple of them.
> >
> > http://nuno-icons.com/images/estilo/image5906.png
>
> so would say only move plasmoids by dragging the move icon on the sliding tab,
> maybe still moving them by clicking on the plasmoid by pressing alt (and
> doing always that) is not discoverable, but since would not be the only way
> it could be ok anyways

This particular problem (on click consistency) should really be solved
by using the mouseReleaseEvent instead of the mousePressEvent in Clock
applet (libplasmaclock) to display the calendar?  The only thing I've
seen that might need to respond to mousePress is the Application
Launcher Menu which behaves (no surprise) like a menu.

Most every application solved this problem of distinguishing between clicking and dragging long ago in this way (see dolphin, konqueror, kmail, etc. for example).

The appearance of the handle should really be addressed separately since it is not strictly a solution to this particular problem.

Hope this helps,
Andrew