[Icon Plasmoid] Provide a generic plasmoid class for icon based plasmoid

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 18:58:20 CEST 2008

On 6/2/08, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> plasma::square is not really good, because when using a vertical panel it
> becomes really big and the square things will become really huge and you
> would end up with like the kmenu that takes a quarter of the panel height.
> i think it would be needed something more like what is in the kickoff
> applet
> now, even if a bit less intuitive. when it's in an horizontal panel the
> width
> can't be more than the height (but height can be more than width)
> and the opposite in a vertical panel
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marco Martin

Yes that's what I said a bit further. This result to have a more complicated
code if we think that this problem with big panel isn't acceptable (but who
really want big panel ?).

So what is the solution ? (I don't have personal opinion for this).
- keep this code and don't care of big panel problem
- Adapt plasma:square related code in the core of plasma and keep this code
in icon based plasmoid
- add a special constructor or method at Plasma:Icon as proposed by Aaron
(can this solution be adapted to deal with big panel issue ?)
- use a generic virtual class

Cheers,

Loic