again on widgets

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 21:28:40 CEST 2008

2008/7/21 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Monday 21 July 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
>> >
>> > hm.. well, that's certainly one way of doing it =) i was thinking of
>> > subclassing QPushButton itself and doing the painting there (and not
>> > adding anything to the Plasm::PushButton class) but this works as well...
>>
>> would have the advantage to be usable also in places outside the canvas but
>> would have the ugly limitations of the qwidgets painting, like the integer
>> coordintates and sizes (so crappy rendering when rotated) and clipping, so
>> the halo like this has for instance won't be possible (oxygen style had to
>> make a lot of compromises for that)
>
> true...
>
> and it's still waaaaay better than reinventing the whole widget =) i'm fine
> with this approach for simple widgets like buttons that we want to blend in
> better.
ok, so i'll continue on this way for the button.
for the tabbar it's more complicate, two issues:
it behaves very bad in graphics layouts, probably the only way is to
go subclassing QTabBar, maybe reimplementing a sizehint will be
enough, but it looks tough, let's see..
a totally different thing is to implement something like the
QTabWidget, it can contain only qwidgets, here we really need
something that can contain qgraphicslayoutitems otherwise it's pretty
useless...

Cheers,
Marco Martin