Plugins: Use Qt plugin art. or XML?

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 18:58:10 CEST 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008 00:28:17 Kelly Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Alex Merry <huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk>
>
> wrote:
> > I don't particularly want to include Amarok 1.x support, because trying
> > to support dcop is just needless complication IMO, given that Amarok 2 is
> > due out
> > in a couple of months.
>
> How ironic.  I started looking into this specifically because I wanted
> something that worked with Amarok 1.x ;)

How would you implement that?  Linking against KDE 3 libs is just going to be
a nasty mess, so I think that only leaves calling the dcop executable.  But
I'd have thought calling it twice a second would be SLOW.

That said, if you can implement it with reasonable performance (and without
slowing things down if Amarok 1.x isn't running), then I'll include it in the
engine.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org